Hoyle Gym & Fitness Center
NOTICE: The AA Athletic Center has re-opened FOR SERVICE MEMBERS only. Hoyle and the 320 Fitness Center remain closed. Please click HERE for important details.
Aberdeen Proving Ground has 3 fitness facilities.
Each facility has a large basketball/volleyball court area, racquetball courts, fitness areas, free weight room and locker and shower areas, some with saunas and steam rooms. Both gymnasiums have a wide variety of sports equipment for checkout, including racquetball equipment, jump ropes, and indoor and outdoor practice balls.
NOTICE: Recently, the Army's Senior Leadership announced the official transition from the Army Physical Fitness Test to the Army Combat Fitness Test. On Oct 1, 2019 all Soldiers entering initial military training.
Basic Combat Training, Advanced Individual Training and One Station Unit Training will be administered the ACFT. The Army as a whole in on a glide path to Total Army implementation no later than Oct 1, 2020. Soldiers on APG will be required to take two not-for-record ACFTs in preparation for the physical test of record no later than October 2020.
APG in support of the Army's efforts to transition to a test that will better connect fitness with combat readiness has invested in functional fitness equipment and upgrades to our fitness facilities infrastructure.
These upcoming modifications along with other reorganization of equipment and priority of utilization will ensure that every Soldier is aligned with the Army Chief of Staff's readiness priorities - highly trained, disciplined and physically fit Soldiers capable of winning on any battlefield at any time.
Army Combat Fitness Test: www.army.mil/acft
How to Purchase an APG Hunting Permit (starting Aug 10)
Applications can be completed via:
- Email, allow 24 hours turnaround time.
- Phone (410-278-5789 / 2134), Mon-Fri from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Allow 24 hours turnaround time.
- Drive-up Appointments. Appointments can be made for in-person drive-up service on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. No walk-ups.
Who is Eligible to Hunt on Aberdeen Proving Ground?
Click here for Table 7-1 of the MWR Patronage Authorizations
APG Hunting Permit Pricing
- NEW - Hunting Permit Fee: $75
- Youth & Observers: $10
- Seniors: 10% Discount
Hunting Permit Registration
- Approved ID Cards per APG Hunting
- Firearm Registration Form - Send completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
- Hunting Contractor Form (HICs only)
- Hunting FAQs
APG Hunting Regulations
Sep 3, 2019 - Hunting Program Meeting (PowerPoint slides)
Leagues & Tournaments
The Intramural Sports Program offers the chance to enhance individual morale and team esprit de corps, through individual and team competition. Team sports include softball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, basketball. We are open to suggestions for new programs. There is a participation fee per sport and for tournaments.
Would you like to be added to our email list and/or provide feedback for additional programs? Please complete and return: Intramural Interest Form.
Team Registration Form & Roster – If you are registering a team.
Individual Registration Form – If you don’t have a team we will try and get you a team. A spot is not guaranteed.
Keep checking back for announcements of new leagues being offered!
Outdoor Recreation Service Center
We offer picnic areas on the water, near the woods, and overlooking the bay. Enjoy the outdoors, games, picnic tables, barbecues and much more at both the Aberdeen and Edgewood areas of APG. All picnic areas are open from dawn to dusk.
If your group would like to reserve a picnic area, please fill out the form above. Reservations begin Feb 1 for Active Duty; and Feb 15 for all others. Picnic areas are winterized Nov 15.
How to Make Reservations (2 options):
- Over the Phone: Fill out the "Picnic Area Reservation Packet" (above) and send in via email. Once the reservation request has been received you will be notified by email if the date requested is available. After the date has been confirmed, you will be contacted by the Outdoor Recreation Service Center and can give a credit card payment over the phone.
- Walk In: Visit the Outdoor Recreation Service Center. Bring the completed "Picnic Area Reservation Packet" (above) or fill it out in our office. You may pay by credit card, cash or check.
All areas must be reserved in advance; the deposit is due at that time. Full payment will be made 48 hours prior to date of reservation.
Recreation Center - APG North
APG North Recreation Center Services:
- Ticket Office
- APG Library
- First Sergeant's BBQ Grill: +1 (443)752-4642
- Classroom/Breakout Rooms*
- Pool and other game tables
Retirements • Birthdays • Anniversaries
You can also rent rooms for your private events. Contact us for details.
* Ballroom and Classroom/Breakout Rooms for APG Organizational Mission requirements and private function rentals. Advanced reservation and proof of MWR eligibility IAW AR 215-1 is required. Private and non-mission functions require fee payment to hold the reservation.
Recreation Center - APG South
Relocation Readiness Program (RRP)
Ruggles Golf Course
Ruggles Golf Course is now open to Active Duty, Retirees, DoD Civilians, Annual Patrons, and Guests.
Open: Mon - Fri: 8 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Sat - Sun: 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Tee times and driving range reservations must be confirmed prior and all fees paid in full via phone call to 410-278-4794. Tee times are spaced 12 minutes apart.
Last tee time on all days is 6 p.m.
Carts are due in by 8:30 p.m.
Tee time reservations will be taken:
Mon - Fri: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sat - Sun: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Should you decide to golf with us at Ruggles, please note the following restrictions will be strictly enforced:
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your scheduled tee time. Visit the starter shed outside to check-in. Please wear your mask and follow all physical distancing signage prior to and during play.
- Masks are required at all times except during play when physical distancing can be maintained.
- Clubhouse remains closed.
- Gathering in groups is prohibited.
- Scorecards and pencils will be issued individually and are not to be shared.
- One rider per cart, immediate family members may share. Handwashing is required prior to being issued a cart.
- Cup has been modified so that no flag touch is necessary. Ball washers and rakes have been removed.
- One player on the tee box at a time, others must remain physical distanced at no less than 6 feet.
- Sharing of equipment is discouraged.
- Ruggles staff will be routinely monitoring the course to enforce implemented measures.
Port-a-pots are available at the driving range and on the course.
Storage space for your recreational vehicles in both Aberdeen and Edgewood Areas with 24/7 access.
- RV Storage Lot 1 - Aerospace Rd., off of Bayonet Rd.
- RV Storage Lot 2 - Crozier Loop, off of Gadsen Rd.
- RV Storage Lot 3 - Hancock Rd., off of Aberdeen Blvd.
- RV Storage Lot 4 - Caldwader Drive, off of 20th Street
Fees: (monthly per vehicle)
All prices subject to change.
|All Eligible Patrons
(Check AR 215-1 for eligibility)
|20 Feet and under||$30|
|21 to 30 Feet||$40|
|31 Feet and above||$50|
Who May Apply
All patrons must possess a valid Military identification card and must be the titled owner of any recreational vehicle being stored. Patrons will be responsible for all personal equipment and activity property damaged caused by themselves, family members and/or their vehicle.
See above checklist for a list of what you need to re-register.
In-person registrations can be done at Outdoor Recreation Service Center Mon-Fri 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You may also re-register by EMAIL. Ensure all documents listed in checklist are attached to the email. Please allow 72 hours for these applications to process. If applicant is Active Duty, Civilian, and Contractor and wishes to re-register via email they will need to use a verifiable government email to re-register for proof of eligibility.