Financial Readiness Program (FRP)
The Financial Readiness Program helps educate service members about personal financial management. Consumer assistance is offered in cases involving conflict with local businesses. In all cases, counseling is provided on an individual and confidential basis.
First Sergeant's BBQ
First Sergeant’s Express Grill
Sutherland Grille is Open for Outdoor Patio Dining.
Location: Ruggles Patio Dining only!
Days: Tuesday - Saturday
Hours: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Only two guests per table. No gathering of tables or chairs permitted. Masks must been worn, except when eating. No exceptions to COVID-19 safety measures. Patrons who are not compliant will be asked to leave immediately.
New Sutherland Grille Menu: HERE
Note: The inside dining area remains closed until further notice.
Catering services available. The Grille also caters all golf functions and is available for small events during the season. Think Ruggles Golf Course and the Sutherland Grille when planning your next catered event.
Hours for Lunch
Top of the Bay is closed until further notice.
Leagues & Tournaments
The Intramural Sports Program offers the chance to enhance individual morale and team esprit de corps, through individual and team competition. Team sports include softball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, basketball. We are open to suggestions for new programs. There is a participation fee per sport and for tournaments.
Would you like to be added to our email list and/or provide feedback for additional programs? Please complete and return: Intramural Interest Form.
Team Registration Form & Roster – If you are registering a team.
Individual Registration Form – If you don’t have a team we will try and get you a team. A spot is not guaranteed.
Keep checking back for announcements of new leagues being offered!
We offer picnic areas on the water, near the woods, and overlooking the bay. Enjoy the outdoors, games, picnic tables, barbecues and much more at both the Aberdeen and Edgewood areas of APG. All picnic areas are open from dawn to dusk.
If your group would like to reserve a picnic area, please fill out the form above. Reservations begin Feb 1 for Active Duty; and Feb 15 for all others. Picnic areas are winterized Nov 15.
How to Make Reservations (2 options):
- Over the Phone: Fill out the "Picnic Area Reservation Packet" (above) and send in via email. Once the reservation request has been received you will be notified by email if the date requested is available. After the date has been confirmed, you will be contacted by the Outdoor Recreation Service Center and can give a credit card payment over the phone.
- Walk In: Visit the Outdoor Recreation Service Center. Bring the completed "Picnic Area Reservation Packet" (above) or fill it out in our office. You may pay by credit card, cash or check.
All areas must be reserved in advance; the deposit is due at that time. Full payment will be made 48 hours prior to date of reservation.
Recreation Center - APG North
APG North Recreation Center Services:
- Ticket Office
- APG Library
- First Sergeant's BBQ Grill: +1 (443)752-4642
- Classroom/Breakout Rooms*
- Pool and other game tables
Retirements • Birthdays • Anniversaries
You can also rent rooms for your private events. Contact us for details.
* Ballroom and Classroom/Breakout Rooms for APG Organizational Mission requirements and private function rentals. Advanced reservation and proof of MWR eligibility IAW AR 215-1 is required. Private and non-mission functions require fee payment to hold the reservation.
Recreation Central - Aberdeen Area