Boating & Fishing
- Boat Storage Registration & Fees
ODR will be accepting applications for FY19 starting Oct 1, 2018.
See above checklist for a list of what you need to re-register.
For this one time only the registration will be for 15 months from October 1, 2018 to December 31, 2019. Future registrations will be Jan 1 to Dec 31.
In-person registrations can be done at Outdoor Recreation Service Center Mon-Fri 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
ODR will also be re-registering patrons on Sat Oct 6, 2018 from 7 a.m. to Noon in Edgewood at Stark Recreation Center, Bldg E4140. (RV Storage and Stable patrons may also re-register.)
ODR will also be re-registering patrons on Sat Oct 13, 2018 from 7 a.m. to Noon at ODR Service Center. (RV Storage and Stable patrons may also re-register.)
You may also re-register by EMAIL. Ensure all documents listed in checklist are attached to the email. Please allow 72 hours for these applications to process. If applicant is Active Duty, Civilian, and Contractor and wishes to re-register via email they will need to use a verifiable government email to re-register for proof of eligibility.
Please note that there will be no more seasonal rates, or seasons. You will only pay for the services you want when you want them.
You are required to let MWR know when you want certain services.
Fees & Rates (per foot, per month):
Outdoor $2 per foot
Indoor $2.50 per foot
Water Slip $3.50 per foot
Haul Out/ Launch: $1.25 per foot
Fall/Winter: Oct 1 through Mar 30
Spring/Summer: Apr 1 through Sep 30
- Spesutie Island Marina - Aberdeen Area
Features: Boat storage services: slips, on-site trailer lot and boat ramp
- Outdoor Parking: Located off of Susquehanna Road.
- Water Slip: Located at Spesuite Island Road.
- Mooring: Located at the marina.
- Boat Launch: Located at the marina and Swan Creek.
Directions to the Spesutie Island Marina, Slips, Outdoor Parking Lot and Boat Launch:
Take Maryland Blvd to Aberdeen Blvd
Keep straight down Aberdeen Blvd
Bear left to Logs Corner Road
Follow circle to Plum Point Road
Go to the end and turn right on Spesutie Island Road
Outdoor Parking lot is the first right
Marina is on the left
- Gunpowder Neck Marina - Edgewood Area
Features: Boat storage services: slips, berm, warehouse, boat ramp, daily parking, boat lift, and marina fuel services
Directions to the Gunpowder Neck Marina, Slips and Outdoor Parking Lot:
Take 24 Gate
First left on Magnolia Road
Left onto Bush River Road
Left on 20th Street
Last 2 warehouses on the left (Bldg 2168 and 2170)
Keep straight into the Marina Slips and Outdoor Storage
Directions to Indoor Storage (Bldg E5915):
Take 24 Gate
First right on Magnolia Road
Left on Stokes Road
Right on 40th Street
Right on Atkinson Road
Left on Lagoon Road
Last warehouse on the right
- APG Boat Ramps
There are two MWR launches. The ramps may be used from dawn to dusk. Boat ramp passes expire on December 31 of the same year sold.
In order to use APG Boat Ramps:
Take the Boaters Orientation Course (see below) and print the certificate.
Bring to the Outdoor Recreation Service Center:
Boaters Orientation Course Certificate
Your Proof of Eligibility
Your Boat's ID Card
Your Trailer's Registration
You will then receive a Boat Launch Sticker.
Directions to Swan Creek (Aberdeen) Boat Launch:
Aberdeen Blvd to Swan Creek
Make left on Swan Creek
First stop sign, turn right
Follow around and down to ramp
Directions to Gunpowder River T-Dock (Edgewood) Boat Launch:
24 Gate to Hoadley Road
Follow up to Boat Ramp on Right (quarter mile past 4-way stop sign. If you get to the Security Gate you've gone too far.
- APG Boater Orientation Course
This course must be viewed by all eligible MWR patrons using the waters of APG.
- Increases awareness of navigating in APG waters
- Provides tips on courtesy boating
To view the course, click link above. Complete the course and then access your Certificate of Completion. The Certificate of Completion, allows you to fill in your name and date. Print and sign it, and bring it to ODR at Building 2184.
Official Maryland Boating Safety Course Online - Anyone born on or after July 1, 1972, must have a Certificate of Boating Safety Education to operate a boat or personal watercraft (PWC). Those under age 16 who are operating a motorized boat 11 feet or more, and do not have a valid Certificate of Boating Safety Education must be supervised by someone at least 18. Those younger than 16 may not operate a PWC, even with a certificate.
- Fishing at APG
Fishing from a military boat dock or bridge is prohibited.
State Fishing Licenses are required for all ages 16 and older. State fishing licenses are not sold at APG.
- Recreational fishing at Aberdeen Proving is regulated by APGR 210-26.
- All persons must have a valid MD State fishing license.
- Recreational fishing is fishing and crabbing from shore and waters of APG.
- There is an advisory not to eat the fish caught in the APG South (Edgewood) Area.
- Most Maryland anglers and spear fishers will need to be registered to fish for anatropous species in tidal waters or for any fish in Federal waters.
Secure Area Fishing
APG Boaters Guide Brochure
- Secure area fishing at Aberdeen Proving Ground is regulated by APGR 210-26.
- Permits are sold at Outdoor Recreation located in Building 2184.
- All persons must have the following:
- Valid MD State Fishing License
- Security Badge with photo for access into secure areas. (This type of fishing takes place in secure areas). Only those individuals possessing a badge can participate in this activity, no guests are allowed.
- Permits are valid from Jan 1 through Dec 31.
- Fee: $10
- Secure Area Drawing Process
- Individual will fill out card (Form 46), for date(s) they would like to fish and list the area they would like to fish at least one day prior.
- Take card to Outdoor Recreation, Building 2184.
- ODR Personnel will list all individuals on form by areas requested.
- Cards and area access badges are left in the box on the side of Building 2184 for pick-up.
- Cards/badges are to be returned after fishing is completed each day.
- Commercial Fishing at Aberdeen Proving Ground is regulated by APGR 210-10.
- Permits are sold through Outdoor Recreation, located in Bldg 2184.
- All persons must have the following:
- Tidal Fishing License (TFL)
- ID Card (Cannot be purchased for someone else. Person whose name is on the permit must bring his/her ID in person to purchase an APG Permit)
- Permits are valid from Sep 1 through Aug 31.
- Fee: $65
- APG boundaries can be traced on Coast and Geodetic Chart No. 1226.
Atkission Dam Permits
- $10 Activity Fee
Bldg 2184, APG North
6627 Aerospace Road
+1 (410) 278-4124
Military DSN Tel:
NOTE: Currently ODR only has one phone line. Please leave a message and we will get back to you ASAP. We apologize for the inconvenience.
After-Hours Emergency Phoneline: +1 (443) 910-6259
Convenient and affordable boat storage on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay to all eligible patrons.
Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) was established in 1917 and consists of approximately 70,000 acres. This encompasses approximately 39,000 acres of land and approximately 40,000 acres of tidal waters. APG is located along the upper Chesapeake Bay shorelines in Harford County and portions of Baltimore County.
Boat Owners: Hurricane Preparation Instructions