Date: Apr 17 2019, 4 p.m.
Location: Ruggles Golf Course
Entry Fee: Competitors in the MLDC will pay $25 per attempt (eight balls). Contestants may compete more than once, pending time availability.
Eligibility. The MLDC is open to all Active Duty Service Members (All Branches), Retired, Reserve and National/Coast Guard members at least 18 years old with valid ID.
How to Enter: Download the Entry Form, fill it out, and bring it to Ruggles Golf Course up until the event.
- 1st Place: $500 Ruggles Pro Shop Gift Certificate + expense-paid trip to compete at MLDC, held May 5-7, 2019 at Fort Jackson, SC. Travel and lodging coordinated and provided by Golf Channel
- 2nd Place: $200 Ruggles Pro Shop Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place: $100 Ruggles Pro Shop Gift Certificate
- Active Duty participants that compete in qualifying and championship events must do so on their personal time.
- The $25 entry fee purchases one attempt of eight drives. Participants may purchase additional attempts until the Garrison closes the event.
- Each entrant will complete the eight drives back-to-back.
- Participants will use only USGA-approved drivers (maximum 48 inches long) during the event.
- All drives coming to rest within the grid will be recorded on the scoresheet. Drives exiting the grid will be graded at zero yardage.
- The longest drive recorded for the day is the winner of the qualifying round. A three-attempt tie breaker will determine the winner in case of a tie.
- Active Duty participants must take regular leave to attend the championship event at Fort Jackson.