Thu 7/1 : Open Discussion: Topic of the Day
Fri 7/2: Open Discussion: Topic of the Day
Wed 7/7: Open Discussion: Long Term Care
Thu 7/8: Federal Employee Benefits Q&A with Teri Wright, CPAC Human Resources Specialist.
Fri 7/9: Open Discussion: Investing for Kids and/or Other Family Members When It’s Not for Education.
Wed 7/14: ABLE Accounts: A Financial Planning Tool for People with Disabilities and their Families with guest speaker Bette Ann Mobley from Maryland ABLE. This workshop is in partnership with the Exceptional Family Member Program at the ACS.
Thu 7/15: Open Discussion: Disabling Sickness or Condition
Fri 7/16: Open Discussion: Topic of the Day
Wed 7/21: Health Benefits Day 1: Patient Administration, Services & Tricare with guest speaker Salina Shelton, Chief of Patient Administration Department, Health Benefits Advisor.
Thurs 7/22: Health Benefits Day 2: Tricare Topics of Medicare, Retirement & Separation with guest speaker Adianez Corpes, Tricare Community Liaison for Aberdeen Proving Ground, Humana Military
Fri 7/23: Website and Resource Walk-Through from the week’s topics.
Wed 7/28: Money & Relationships. This presentation covers topics such as; emotional connections to money matters, how to set goals with your partner and effective communication. Guest speaker: Mary Sol Weston, LCPC, CCTP, Military & Family and Life Counselor.
Thurs 7/29: Christmas in July: Holiday spending bills can catch us by surprise, particularly when we forget holidays occur all year. We’ll offer money saving themes and ideas so we don’t overspend for this holiday season.
Fri 7/30: Open Discussion: Topic of the Day
- Financial Readiness
The Financial Readiness Program is your resource for information on money matters. We can help you better understand financial topics like:
- Military pay
- Checkbook/debit card management
- Financial responsibility
- Credit reporting
- Debt elimination strategies
We can also help you learn about other financial services, including:
- Army Emergency Relief (AER): Army Emergency Relief is the U.S. Army's own nonprofit organization dedicated to alleviating financial distress on the force. AER provides grants and zero-interest loans to Active Duty and Retired Soldiers and their Families. Over 4 million Soldiers supported since 1942. AER officers are conveniently located at installations around the world. Visit ArmyEmergencyRelief.org to learn more."
- Education Program: Offers need-based scholarships to help eligible Army Families with education costs.
For more information about how the Financial Readiness Program can help you, contact your nearest Army Community Service Center.
Other helpful financial readiness links include:
- Thrift Savings Plan: A Federal Government-sponsored long-term retirement savings and investment plan, available for both Federal civilian employees and members of the uniformed services.
- U.S. Savings Bonds: A shorter-term savings option with competitive interest rates and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States.
- Military Saves: A component of the nonprofit America Saves and a partner in the Department of Defense’s Financial Readiness Campaign, Military Saves seeks to motivate, support, and encourage military Families to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth.
- Money Matters: A mobile-optimized resource with calculators for savings, debt reduction and other reference material in one location.
- Housing Resources for Military Members: The National Military Family Association has compiled a great list of resources to help Military Families who are struggling with the pitfalls of the housing crisis.
- Army OneSource: Network of the services and delivery of support to Soldiers and their Families.
- Military OneSource: A Department of Defense-funded program that provides comprehensive information on every aspect of military life at no cost to active duty, National Guard, reserve members, and their Families.
- Office of Servicemember Affairs: A component of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau helps to educate and empower military members, veterans, and their Families in the consumer financial marketplace.
- Saveandinvest.org: A project of the FINRA Investor Education Foundation, a free, unbiased resource dedicated to your financial health. Helps you make informed decisions through easy-to-use tools and resources, and arms you with the information you need to protect yourself from investment fraud.
- Better Business Bureau Military Line: Provides specialized education and support services, which meet the needs of active and retired military personnel and their Families.
Family Subsistence Supplemental Allowance (FSSA) Pre-screening
Pre-screening and counseling for Soldiers who qualify for the FSSA entitlement. FSSA is an entitlement authorized by Congress in 2001 and created to supplement the Soldier's Basic Allowance for Subsistence (BAS). This entitlement will not exceed $1100 per month. Information and application for FSSA is web-based and can be found under the "Life Events that Impact Your Benefits" tab.
The Financial Readiness Program helps educate service members about personal financial management. Consumer assistance is offered in cases involving conflict with local businesses. In all cases, counseling is provided on an individual and confidential basis.
ACS Financial Services is now offering VIRTUAL counseling and seminars!
VIRTUAL FINANCIAL LUNCH & LEARN
with Niki and Leary
Dates: Wednesday - Friday, Jan 5 - Dec 11, 2021
Time: 12:30-1:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted)
Login and listen to our Financial Readiness Program Counselors, Leary and Niki, as they host dynamic discussions of current events, financial topics, take your requests and questions, and engage the audience. This is an opportunity to listen in as your schedule allows.
Click for our 2021 Virtual Financial Class Schedule (pdf).
July Lunch & Learn Topics below.
Registration is not required and all classes are free!
Please sign-in using the MS Teams link below, at least 5 minutes prior to the start time.
Personal Budgets - Handling Credit Wisely - Planning for the Future
ACS Financial Professionals will be at the ready to give you professional advice and answers...virtually!
Registration is not required. If you're not already a member, you will need to download Microsoft Teams (MT) and join using your browser.
Meeting Link: https://dod.teams.microsoft.us/l/meetup-join/19%3adod%3ameeting_fa05f9ce9fe74eecbda9633ea427aa11%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22fae6d70f-954b-4811-92b6-0530d6f84c43%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22f14eefb9-bf53-4af5-81a0-13c3337e7565%22%7d