- Hunters must purchase permits through MWR Recreation Central.
- You can do this via email to: usarmy.APG.firstname.lastname@example.org or walk in during the hours of 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Aberdeen Recreation Central.
- After you purchase from Aberdeen Recreation Center you then reserve a permit on the I sportsman website.
- Both the APG Permit and iSportsman Permit must be carried with you in the field.
- FAQs for iSportsman
You cannot use a government computer to access the iSportsman website.
Everyone (including youth) must have an account on iSportsman. All hunters should register and acquire their own permits through the system. Hunters-in-Charge (HIC) should not acquire Companion Hunting Permits for non-HICs. Youth hunters should register through the system as well. Parents/Adults planning to hunt with a youth hunter will not be able to acquire a youth permit through their own account.
After you pass the UXO safety quiz, you should see a button that says “continue to permits”. When you click on that button, the Available Permits page should open. You should be able to see 2 permits: 2021 HIC Hunting Permit and 2021 Companion Hunting Permit.
Alternatively, click on the down arrow next to "My Account" on the blue banner line. Select "Home" and you should be taken to a page with an "Acquire Permit(s)" button at the top-left. NOTE: The website tends to freeze if you click through options in quick succession. Clicking the back arrow in the browser seems to help.
Several individuals who have registered have no license plate number listed. If users indicate they will be bringing a vehicle onto the installation, they must enter a license plate number or the system will not allow them to purchase a permit.
The HIC reserves an area in system. Reservation Times are 4 p.m. the night prior to 6 a.m. the Hunting Day.
The day of the Hunt, the HIC and the party must check into the area the HIC reserved through the system. This does not take away from signing in and out at the Hunting Shack. Following the Hunt, each member of the party must also check out.
Currently, interactive maps are not working.
- Turkey Season Dates and Other Information
- Youth Turkey Date: Apr 17, 2021
- Turkey Season: April 19 - May 24, 2021
- Apr 19 - May 10, 2021: 30-minutes before sunrise to noon.
- May 11 - 24, 2021: 30-minutes before sunrise to sunset.
- One bearded turkey per day.
- One turkey per hunter: Apr 19 - May 10, 2021
- Hunters may harvest a second turkey: May 11 - 24, 2021
- Turkeys harvested on APG DO count against the state bag limit of two turkeys per hunter.
IMPORTANT TURKEY SEASON INFORMATION:
APG’s NEW Hunting web location: iSportsman:
iSportsman: How-To Guide:
APG Hunting Regulation: APGR 200-6
We are working on a trial session for the reservation and check-in and out of the system. We are also working on Microsoft Team sessions for registration. However if you need support with iSportsman registration or website navigation, the POCs are listed below. We at MWR are also here to help you navigate through this transition.
POCs for Support:
Directorate of Public Works, Environmental Division
Bldg. 4303, 3rd Floor, Wing B
6504 Rodman Road
Natural Resources Team
Visitor's Control Center: 410-278-2330
Police Desk Dispatch:
410-306-2222 (Aberdeen Area)
410-436-2222 (Edgewood Area)